Monday, June 2, 2014

Mission Accomplished

I spent the month of May (non-MassCat days) at the Springfield City Library cataloging materials for the ECRC (Early Childhood Resource Collection). What fun!

The highest priority were the Storywalks. There are only 6 of them at the moment. They consist of short (30 pages or so) children's books with illustrations that take up most of the page and one or two sentences of text. Each book comes in a tote bag. Also in the tote bag is a laminated sheet of each page with velcro on the back. The intent is to post each page on a stick along a pathway and tell the story as the group walks.

Then came the books and DVDs about early childhood education, child development, and parenting. They took the longest time since there were so many of them and they had to be re-packaged into locking cases.

And then came the toys, games, puzzles and puppets. My favorite was the Sensory Ball Set. I loved the colors, the variety of sizes and the textures. I probably spent more time than absolutely necessary cataloging them because I wanted to look at them and handle them.

I want a set for myself.


No comments:

Post a Comment