Tuesday, January 4, 2011

Problem Solved - Again

For the moment I'm in good standing with the Unemployment Office.

Even though I tried calling the 800 number 3 times yesterday, I never got through to a person. I arrived at the Career Center a little after 8 a.m. this morning and I was #26 in line. We weren't allowed into the building until about 8:15, but I (and everyone else) was bundled up. At about 11:00 I was led into the cubby of the representative who looked at my information on the computer screen, made a change to one piece of data, and fixed the problem. It took less than 5 minutes.

Instead of a thriller from the local public library, I had brought along the textbook that I'll be using for LIS415, so I got a lot of necessary reading done.

What relief. I expect I'll have a better night's sleep tonight than I've had for the last couple of days. I don't know why I worry about this stuff so much and no amount of deep breathing seems to help. Perhaps I should be thankful to the Unemployment Office for providing me with blog material.

No comments:

Post a Comment