Wednesday, May 29, 2013

It Seems Like So Much More - Redux

Working all of these different jobs means that I receive a lot of different checks, or get money deposited in my checking account. It feels as if money is pouring in. Unfortunately, each check or deposit is not a large amount as it represents somewhere between 8 and 20 hours of work.

The Mass. Library System pays every two weeks. So does the Donohue Group. Their pay day falls on different weeks so there is a deposit one week from MLS and a check the following week from DGI.

The Springfield City Library pays weekly. That's another deposit.

Simmons College pays on the first of the month, although only during the academic year when I'm teaching. My last deposit happened May 1 and I won't get another until October 1.

And then there are the continuing education workshops I give for MLS, the Connecticut State Library and occasionally another organization. Those are checks that arrive a couple of weeks after the workshop.

While the total of all these checks/deposits does not add up to the full time position I had at CMRLS, they represent a steady income on which I can depend and that makes my life (and paying bills) a lot easier.

No comments:

Post a Comment