Thursday, April 24, 2014

The Changing of the Hats

According to the calendar, it's been spring for over a month. Last Sunday was Easter and now one can officially wear straw hats and white shoes. The temperature has warmed up (well, maybe not today, but in general) so today I put away all of my winter hats and brought out the summer ones.

I wear a hat whenever I'm outside; I have a lot of them. They're actually part of the décor in my front foyer.

Then I went even further and pulled all of my warm weather clothes out of the off-season closet. Cold weather clothes went to one of several places: the off-season closet, the laundry bin, or the dry-cleaning pile. It'll take a few days to get them all settled, but they're on their way.

Some of the warm weather clothes needed ironing, but not any more. I pulled out the ironing board, iron, spray bottle of water and went to work. This is a semi-annual ritual which I perform every spring and fall. Fortunately I have enough clothes that don't need ironing to get me through the season.

Now I'm all ready for spring except for one thing: There are flannel sheets on the bed and there will be flannel sheets there for at least another few weeks.

No comments:

Post a Comment