Wednesday, May 4, 2016

Little Pads of Paper

It seems that every time I go to a conference, every time I go to a volunteer appreciation dinner, and every time that I go to a board meeting, there is a little pad of paper waiting for me to jot down notes. Sometimes I do, sometimes I don't. After all, someone is there taking minutes which will be sent to me later. What I always do, however, is take that little pad of paper home.

Guess what? I now have big piles of little pads of paper.

I have a pile of little pads of paper in the kitchen along with many of the pens I received at the same time. I use them to write shopping lists which I stick to the refrigerator with magnets. As I run low on something, or run out of something, it can be added to the little piece of paper which will accompany me to the market. This piece of paper is better than making a list in a smart phone. First, I don't have a smart phone and second, M. can also add things to the list if he takes the last one.

Little pads of paper are good for "to do" lists. Right now I have one sitting on the kitchen counter with all of the things I had hoped to do yesterday. A few of them are actually crossed off. Crossing things off is so much fun, it's actually worth doing them!

But even with all the shopping lists and "to do" lists, that pile of little pads of paper keeps getting bigger! It's sort of fun to look through them once in a while and see the places I've been. There was that conference in 2003 and that dinner in 2007.

The Hatfield Council on Aging just had its volunteer recognition dinner. I received a certificate of appreciation, a tote bag (something else I have lots of), a water bottle, a small container of chocolate and other candies (already consumed), and not one but TWO little pads of paper.

No comments:

Post a Comment