Thursday, December 23, 2010

Whew!

All is back on track on the unemployment benefits front.

I arrived at the Career Center office at 8 a.m. (They open at 8:30) and I was 13th in line. The staff were being very efficient and trying to get as much paperwork ready even before the office opened. Overall, things went very well. We were allowed into the building (but not the office) so we did not have to wait out in the cold. I was hoping my number 13 would be lucky. At about 10:15 I was called into the representative's office.

She spotted the problem immediately and corrected it. She said she didn't understand why this hadn't been taken care of via telephone when I called yesterday or why I had been referred to the city of Springfield to resolve the issue.

My claim has been "re-opened", a check will soon be deposited into my account, and I'm ready to log on again on Sunday.

I wonder if I could make a living guiding others through this process :-).

No comments:

Post a Comment