Saturday, March 12, 2011

What Do You Call a Group of Catalogers?

There's a bevy of beauties and a gaggle of geese. I vote for a cluster of catalogers.

One of the best things about working at DGI (which I did 3 days last week) is that I'm surrounded by catalogers who speak AACR2 and MARC. If I have a question, all I have to do is say loudly enough for several people to hear "How do I do ...?" and someone is bound to know the answer. Sometimes there's some discussion as we debate the best approach, but we are all so familiar with the subject matter we can figure it out pretty quickly.

I like the structure of going into an office. When I'm there, there are no distractions like dirty laundry or dust bunnies. The commute to Windsor, CT is not bad. I do have to pass by Springfield which I don't especially enjoy, but that's not a long distance. Connecticut drivers are fast and fairly aggressive, but then I get off the highway and have a few miles to drive at a steady speed down a lovely road with no traffic lights or stop signs before I arrive at the office. The entire trip takes less than an hour.

Unfortunately, now that I'm commuting again, the gasoline prices have jumped. As Rosanne Rosannadanna would say: "It just goes to show ya, it's always something."

No comments:

Post a Comment