Friday, April 27, 2012

What!

Can you believe it? Yesterday, I received a letter from Trinity College saying that the position of Cataloger had been filled, that they'd keep my resume on file, blah, blah, blah.

At the very least I expected to be interviewed, but they didn't even go that far.

I applied for the job at a time I wasn't working much and was watching my savings dwindle. That's no longer the case. I've been working at DGI two or three days/week for the last couple of months as well as teaching LIS415 for Simmons College and teaching the senior exercise class on Wednesday mornings.

I wasn't sure I wanted the job at Trinity for several reasons: I don't really want to work full time and the morning commute to Hartford in rush hour traffic is unpleasant. But I wanted to be the one to reject them, not the other way around!

Fortunately, I have lots of other options right now. I just wished Trinity had shown more interest in me.

No comments:

Post a Comment