Wednesday, May 9, 2012

Another Rejection

I received a letter last week regarding the position of Osteo Exercise Coordinator: They hired someone else. At least they interviewed me. Truth is, I'm kind of relieved. I've been so busy lately I was wondering how I was going to fit in another 15 hours/week if I got this job. And I make more money as a cataloger than they were offering.

So I guess I'm destined to be a cataloger forever - which is not at all bad. Every time I contemplate a career change, something happens to thwart any plans I might have.

Yesterday's program on Metadata and Dublin Core at the Digital Commonwealth conference went very well. A couple of people came up to me after the program and said how happy they were that they now understand what Metadata is. One young woman who is a Library Science grad student told me a story that made me very happy. She said she and some other students were working on a digital libraries project and she found the Digital Treasures site along with the information I compiled about creating metadata. She said the documentation was extremely helpful and she was so glad to meet me so that she could say so in person. Wow! My work has paid off. I smiled to myself all the way home.

No comments:

Post a Comment