Saturday, May 19, 2012

Back to Yoga

I haven't practiced Yoga in several weeks.

Because I've been leading the senior exercise class every Wednesday morning, and on the days I work at DGI, I've been walking the 1 1/2 mile trail along the Farmington River and also bacause I did the Hatfield Education Foundation 5K walk, I figured I was getting plenty of exercise. Big mistake.

None of those activites provide the stretching that Yoga does. As a result, a little over a week ago I lifted with my back instead of my legs and pulled a muscle in my lower back. For the next few days, getting into and out of bed was painful; getting into and out of the car even worse. I was okay while sitting or standing, but I needed to be very careful while changing from one to the other.

My back has been slowly getting better and the good news is that I'm redeveloping good habits in terms of posture. And I've gone back to my morning Yoga routine.

I will not neglect Yoga again.

No comments:

Post a Comment