Monday, February 29, 2016

Foot in Mouth

Sometimes, I don't quite know what to say.

You know those awkward moments when someone has said something and you want to be supportive or witty? It is those times when I have, on occasion, said something stupid. Or perhaps, even a little hurtful.

I'm not a mean person, just not as witty as I'd like to be. Of course, a few hours later, the exact right phrase - or something close to it - sometimes pops into my head. Why couldn't it have arrived earlier?

Just in case any of you, my readers, have had the misfortune of being on the receiving end of one of my feeble attempts, I sincerely apologize. Please know that my less-than-appropriate comment was not due to my dislike of you, but to my less-than-razor sharp intellect.

I'm trying to practice simple statements. Something like "Oh, I'm sorry" or "Gee, that's too bad. I hope things work out" or "I'm glad for you." Perhaps those comments are a little trite, but at least they won't get me into trouble.

No comments:

Post a Comment