Friday, July 8, 2016

The New Office

MLS-Whately is now MLS-Northampton. We've moved into our new office and are getting settled.

My work space is much larger than the one I had before. I don't know what to do with all the room! The downside is that I don't have a separate office. Well, I never actually had a separate office. When I first became the MassCat cataloger, I shared an office with my boss Nora (who is now Director of the Emily Williston Library in Easthampton). However, Nora was pretty quiet and she was there if I had a question about how to do something in Koha.

When Nora left MassCat for her new job, the town of Whately had already purchased the building and began moving offices into it. The remainder of the MLS crew all moved into one office, but that was usually only one other person.

Now I'm in a big room with dividers and can hear other people's conversations. Fortunately, not many people are there most of the time and I'm in a corner, so I play classical music as background.

Here's an image of the Pot Pourri Mall. We have the office in the upper left hand corner.


No comments:

Post a Comment