Monday, December 31, 2018

Minions

Several years ago on the AUTOCAT email list, someone posted the comment: Catalogers don't have OCD. They have CDO. That's like OCD, but it's in alphabetical order.

As a cataloger, I thought that was pretty funny - and pretty accurate.

Fortunately for me, there are several library staff members of MassCat libraries that also have CDO. They regularly send emails asking me to upgrade bib records, or merge bib records, or correct bib records in other ways.

I'm so appreciative of these people - my minions - for their help.

Cleaning up the MassCat catalog is a massive job, one that will never be completed. But it is a little bit cleaner and more accurate because others also care about it.

Thank you, minions.

1 comment:

  1. Thanks to you Dodie! We wouldn't have a coherent catalog if it wasn't for you. We appreciate your help and keen eyes.

    ReplyDelete