Friday, February 22, 2019

My Queen Phase

That's the band Queen. I watched the DVD of Bohemian Rhapsody last week and I can't stop thinking about Queen.

In the 70s and 80s I listened to Queen's music and liked it, but didn't pay a lot of attention to the band itself. That was the same for The Who; Crosby, Stills, Nash, and (sometimes) Young; Pink Floyd; Traffic and many others. I watched parts of the Live Aid concert. I remember when Freddie Mercury died. Was it really 1991? It doesn't seem that long ago.

Anyway, after watching the movie, all I want to do is listen to Queen and read about Queen. I can't stop thinking about Queen. Their music keeps running through my head.

Here's what I've done during the last week:
Watched Queen's performance at Live Aid on YouTube.
Borrowed 2 CDs via my local public library; I'll likely buy some CDs if the used CD store has any.
Ordered books on Queen via my local public library.

I'm not certain when this will end, but I'm enjoying learning all about the band and listening to the music again.

After all, sometimes I need a break from classical music and mystery books.

No comments:

Post a Comment