Friday, March 1, 2019

Navigating the letter N

It's March 1, a mere 3 weeks till spring according to the calendar. There's snow on the ground and more predicted for this weekend.

I'm always conflicted at this time of year: I don't want time to pass so fast but I want winter to be OVER! I want to put out my pots of geraniums that have been in my living room since October. I want to begin new pots of geraniums and put them in hanging planters. I want to plant impatiens and begonias in the shadier spots around the house. I want to be surrounded by sunshine and flowers. I want to open the pond and spend time with my fish.

In the meantime, I'll plow through my alphabetical list of potential duplicates looking for bib records to merge, enhance, correct and otherwise clean up. I've finally reached the letter N; I'm now officially on the second half of the alphabet.

My supervisor created a list based on a report he ran. I printed the letters N-Z of the spreadsheet. Unfortunately, I'm not that adept at managing Excel and printed a list with very tiny letters. It's 66 pages. I've been using a magnifying glass to read it.

I've been trying to decide if I should just reprint it - a few pages at a time to avoid the same mistake. But, being the parsimonious person I am, I'm just coping. It may get to the point I can't stand that minute font any longer and just reprint. I can always use the pages as scrap, though I have plenty of that.

In the list, I'm beyond the words Narrate, Navigate and Nazi and have begun Need.

Too bad I didn't see the word Narcissus in there. I'd like to see a few of them blooming.

No comments:

Post a Comment