Thursday, March 21, 2019

Signs of Spring

The absolute definitive sign is that the date is March 21; Spring arrived yesterday at 5:58 p.m.

A few hours earlier, my newest great-niece, E.C., was born -  a harbinger if there ever was one.

The snow is melting (though there are still piles on the side of the road); the frost heaves are subsiding; and the pot holes are increasing to sink-hole proportions. Heavy trucks are leaving deep tire tracks in the mud of our gravel road. Ah, you've got to love it.

My geraniums are starting to bloom as well as my hibiscus. Oh, yes, I've spotted several ants.

On the work front, I'm zipping along. I've finished working on titles that begin with No, Not, Note and I'm part way through Nothing. I'll be done with the letter N in only a few weeks despite the tiny font I accidentally used for my list.

If work continues to progress this smoothly and quickly, I won't bother to reprint the list with a larger font.

This evening, I'm heading to Black Birch Vineyard to pick up my quarterly share of wine. Despite the difficult driving conditions on their gravel road (Hatfield does have paved roads, but also lots of gravel ones), it's such a pleasure to visit this vineyard. The setting is absolutely enchanting. I've attended a couple of fundraisers there and also gone just to sit and enjoy a glass of wine.

It's a pleasure to support a local industry, to support a hard-working, industrious couple, and enjoy a sipping wine all at the same time.

No comments:

Post a Comment