Saturday, October 3, 2020

New Books, New Authors, Lots of Reading

Because of Wowbrary and the emails I receive every Wednesday from my local library, I've learned about a lot of new authors. I see what's just arrived and with a click of the mouse I can request the book. Hatfield Public Library has been doing curbside pick-up for a while. It's quick and easy. I don't really mind not being able to browse in person, because I can browse the Wowbrary list.

In the last week, I've finished two new books in record time. They were both gripping thrillers that I had trouble putting down. Both were British, which is not my usually my favorite due to my unfamiliarity with the culture and the slang. However, that was not a problem at all with these books.



The first was The Safe Place by Anna Downes. The second, The Dilemma by B.A. Paris. I recommend both.

Obviously, I've been reading a lot. I've also had a spurt of energy/motivation and have been doing other things as well. In the last couple of weeks, nearly the entire house has been thoroughly dusted and vacuumed, both bathrooms thoroughly cleaned, kitchen sinks (I have two: one for food prep, one for dishes) scoured, plants watered, and a bunch of other things. I realize if I just clean house for an hour or two a day, that's a lot of cleaning, but it's not overwhelming.

As the weather cools down, I'm wondering what's going to happen, how everyone is going to cope with not being able to spend most of the time outside. I guess we'll all find out.

No comments:

Post a Comment