Monday, September 2, 2013

A New Phase

It's been a very busy summer, proven by the fact I haven't posted for 2 months. Today is September 2, the Labor Day holiday and I'm preparing for class on Saturday.

As of last week, I've "retired" from 2 of my part-time jobs. Now that school is back in session and I'm working more hours at MassCat as well as leading the senior exercise class 3 times each week (up from 2), I no longer have the time to work at Springfield City Library or Donohue Group. I'll miss the camaraderie at those places, but I'll savor the shorter commutes. I'll still be presenting the occasional continuing education workshop just in case I get the urge to do some traveling.

Another reason I'm able to work less is that I'm now old enough to collect Social Security payments with no deduction for other earned income. Of course I have mixed feelings about this. I love what feels like "free" money, but isn't Social Security for old people? Fortunately, I'm healthy and active enough to enjoy the new bounty.

A good reason to continue those exercise classes.

No comments:

Post a Comment