Saturday, April 18, 2020

I'm Getting Tired of My Play Clothers, or, What Day of the Week Is It?

Play clothes are those pants and shirts that are old, worn, stained or otherwise not something I would want to wear in public. They are, however, perfect for cleaning house or working in the yard. So what if they get dirty? They're already dirty. Wearing play clothes for dirty work keeps my other clothes cleaner longer.

But since I'm now wearing play clothes every day, all day, I'm getting a little tired of them. I'm looking forward to wearing my office clothes again.

Another side effect of staying home all of the time is that I tend to forget what day of the week it is. For so many years I've had a routine. I like routines. I'm a routine kind of person. Monday, Wednesday and Friday I get up, go to exercise class, then go into the office to work on the MassCat catalog. Tuesday and Thursday are for various appointments, meetings and stuff like that.

Now there are no meetings or appointments except, perhaps, by telephone. I exercise most days, as soon as I get up. After that I work on the MassCat catalog in 1-2 hour shifts and make sure by the end of the week I've worked the same number of hours I would have had I been in the office.

It's a strange time and a strange feeling.

Still, I have a lot for which to be thankful. I'm still healthy. I have a lovely home and a lovely yard. I have an income and continue to pay my bills.

Not a lot has changed since my last post. I'm still waiting for May.

No comments:

Post a Comment