Saturday, December 3, 2011

One More Class

Next Saturday is the last class of the semester. Today, most of my students gave an oral presentation on topics of Library Science history. Next week, the rest will give their presentations on topics on the future of Library Science. It's so much fun to see how excited they get as they research their topics. The only downside is some of them are not able to distill their information into the allotted time. I mark them down (not a lot, but some) if they go over their time limit.

They turned in their last homework assignment today. I'll spend Monday and/or Tuesday grading the papers so that I can return them next week. Then I still have to compile and submit final grades. Then I get a 5 week vacation - although some of that time will be spent preparing for the Spring Semester.

I've gotten back into the swing of morning exercise. That October snowstorm threw me off of my schedule and then I began experiencing pain in one knee. The pain is good incentive to spend time on Pilates or Yoga every morning because I can really feel the difference. Activity, specifically stretching, minimizes any discomfort. Both of my parents have arthritis and have had various joints replaced. I'm hoping that by paying close attention to my exercise routine (there's that discipline again) I can avoid a similar fate.

No comments:

Post a Comment