Thursday, December 1, 2011

'Tis The Season

Sometimes I just have to go shopping.

Since I learned I might lose my job more than a year ago, I've been very careful about spending money. And since I decided I just have too much stuff, I've been very careful about accumulating more stuff. But sometimes I just have to go shopping. Like today.

I had an appointment this morning and I planned to restock the larder (some types of shopping still have to be done), but I did a little extra shopping, too. Being the frugal person that I am, I spent some time at Steals & Deals (or maybe it's Deals & Steals - I can never remember, but I know where it is) in Northampton. Since 2 pairs of sweatpants that were considered "play clothes" are now officially in the rag pile, I'm on the lookout for replacements. That I didn't find, but I did purchase some much needed socks (most of mine have holes in the heels and will soon follow the sweat pants to the rag pile) and some rubber boots. My new rubber boots are blue with a floral print. I can hardly wait for slushy snow in which to wear them.


I finished Eat, Pray, Love today. I almost feel like starting at the beginning and reading it all over again, but I think I'll take a break; I returned it to the library. Liz Gilbert's experiences while meditating are so intriguing that I'm seriously considering meditating myself. But in the meantime, I'm concentrating on Yoga. I had let it slip for a while, but I'm practicing most mornings now and trying very hard to pay attention and be mindful.



After a week off for Thanksgiving break, I'll be teaching again on Saturday. Well, not exactly. Some of my students will be giving their final presentations, so I get to sit back and listen to them. They are a very bright and energetic group and I'm really looking forward to hear what they have to say. Libraries and Archives will be in good hands once these people graduate and enter the workforce.

No comments:

Post a Comment